понедельник, 13 октября 2008 г.

dave buckner divorce




I need to rant for a moment. Iapos;m sure many of you who read this blog can relate and will have many things to say because it is about academia. Iapos;ve been trying to write a scholarship application to fund my PhD. This scholarship is the largest pot of money that the Canadian government gives out each year for doctoral studies. My application will also be the foundation of my letters of intent when I apply to PhD programs in December.

Two weeks ago I thought my proposed project was brilliant. Iapos;d eagerly run to my MacBook to document my thoughts. But the more I write and the more I read other published work, the more I think my project is just recycled CRAP. Yesterday I was hiking at Garibaldi Lake with a group of people. I met a very smart, young German professor who told me that so much of what is published is recycled crap. Same theories, same ideas, just different context and different locations She also bitched about all the "lefties and communists" in our field who spend all day ranting without producing anything meaningful or constructive to advance our discipline. Yikes, was she a mind reader? Thatapos;s my BIGGEST pet peeve against academics Most scholars are highly trained bitches who can criticize like thereapos;s no tomorrow, but, frankly, how many of them talk about alternatives or solutions to problems? I canapos;t stand those people.

Today I stumbled onto a publication that summarized a project VERY similar to what I am proposing for my PhD *shudder* The research did not ask exactly the same questions I had in mind nor is it in my geographical area of interest, but the ideas are very similar to mine. Fuck fuck fuck.

I wanted to get this application done by the end of next week. Now I feel like chucking it in the garbage. Itapos;s too late for me to completely re-work the proposal. But I also wonder how much the multidisciplinary committee knows about my field. There are a gazillion publications out there, how can these people know everything?

basketball ncaa picture, dave buckner divorce, dave buckner mia, dave buckner mia tyler, dave buckner papa roach.



Комментариев нет: